Regularly, 2018 RBC BRITISH Airways Promotion and Royal Bank offer a 89,000 Avios sign up bonus, normally it has a $9,000 spending requirement; however, this time around, the requirements are a little different.
Below are the highlights of the RBC BRITISH Airways Promotion:
- First, $165 annual fee
- Secondly, $75 fee for supplemental cardholders
- Also, earn 50,000 sign up bonus Avios (no deadline, but can change at any time)
- Additionally, earn 2 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways and British Airway Holidays purchases regularly.
- Likewise, earn 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other transactions.
- Additionally, get 10% off British Airways flights departing from Canada.
- Finally, obtain a Companion Award Ticket (eVoucher) for a reward flight operated by British Airways after spending $30,000 yearly.
Sign up bonus requirements for 2017/2018 RBC BRITISH Airways Promotion are as follows:
- First and foremost, receive 15,000 Avios upon RBC BRITISH Airways Promotion approval
- Later, obtain 25,000 bonus Avios after spending $5,000 in the first 30 days.
- lastly, receive 10,000 bonus Avios for renewing after one year.
Moreover, the downside to the new bonus structure is that you need to pay the annual fee twice to get the full 50,000. Meanwhile, you do have a lower spending bonus. Oddly enough, this time around, there is no end date on the welcome bonus. Canadian Kilometers estimated a November 30 closing date.
Honestly speaking, we trust to see this new sign up bonus structure remain the new norm, rather than temporary, especially as it’s a win/win scenario for the fact that they will collect 2 years worth of annual fee. However, this is to cover the higher sign up bonus in the actual sense.