The correct forms for these are as follows, as issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Medical certificate BI-811
- Radiological report BI-806
- Applying for a visa to visit South Africa
- Most non-South African citizens wishing to enter South Africa must have a valid visa. The visa states the purpose and duration of the visit.
Listed below are the forms that you will need to complete in order to apply for your visa or permit. Please note that the exact documentation that needs to be provided with your application is listed on the separate page for each visa or permit on this site. APPLY ONLINE
Requirements for entering South Africa
- A valid and acceptable passport / travel document which covers the period that you intend to stay in the country
- A valid visa, if required
- sufficient funds
- A return / onward ticket
- A yellow fever certificate if you are travelling through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Who needs to apply for a VISA to South Africa?
People who do not have South African passports need to apply for visas. This includes people who want to come to South Africa for a holiday or for business.
However visitors who have passports from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including the British Islands Bailiwick of Guernsey and Jersey, Isle of Mann and Virgin Islands, the Republic of Ireland as well as British Overseas Territories) are totally exempt from South African visa control and do not need visas for any purpose.
SA Visa Application Form Complete Check List. 2018/19 Policies
To apply for a visa, you need to:
- submit the application form
- show your passport (or provide certified copies if the application is posted)
- provide two passport photographs
- pay the R425.00 or US$47 or £43 visa fee, if applicable (refer to the list of countries subject to visa fees), and
- show that you have booked an air ticket.